CBD : LEARN & SHOP
Informed Consumers Make Wise Choices
NOT ALL CBD IS CREATED EQUAL
A tincture made in the Northeast by a company dedicated to education and transparency. Evolved Wellness Liposomal CBD Tincture has been crafted to give you the highest quality CBD from isolate, which means it has 0% THC. The tincture also contains only three ingredients that have been chosen carefully and bound together through a liposomal process to deliver the CBD into your body in the most efficient way. In this process sonication is used to send ultrasonic frequencies through the solution which creates a new uniform molecule that encapsulates the CBD and provides protection against degradation, improving effectiveness.
Four strengths of liposomal tincture are available. Don't know which strength is right for you?
Book a free 15 min consult to discuss your needs.
LIPOSOMAL CBD TINCTURE
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
REAL PEOPLE, REAL STORIES
PAIN & SLEEP
Full disclosure, I am a skeptic...and I suffer from chronic back pain and sciatica. For years I endured it. No amount of regular stretching, physical activity, physical therapy or other non-invasive interventions worked. Although surgical options were mentioned by several doctors on several occasions, I had my doubts. I was at my wits end, and resigned to living with the pain for the rest of my life. Then came Evolved Wellness CBD oil. A friend had recommended it...remember, I'm a skeptic, so I took the information with a grain of salt. Hey, nothing had worked so far! One day my friend offered me to try it. Couldn't hurt, right? The relief was instantaneous and complete. I was honestly pain free, and the results lasted for hours! Of course, it's not a cure but, for the first time in years I was pain free for a large chunk of the day. Now I use it morning and night, I'm a convert, and highly recommend it to anyone suffering from chronic pain, muscle strain, or simply the general soreness of a hard days work.
-Lori B, NJ
PAIN & SLEEP
“The CBD from Meghan works wonders. My main focus in trying it was for pain relief and muscle relaxation and there has definitely been an improvement in my muscular tension. Also, taking a dose at night allowed me to sleep better which is what I believe lets my body heal.“
- Liana S, NYC
"Since I started with the Liposomal CBD tincture, that ugly, cloudy, fogginess I felt prior has cleared and I there was definitely a mental shift. I notice that now have more clarity throughout my day, I feel present, focused, and much more aware of what is going on around me. It ultimately makes me feel more mentally sharp which leads me to be happier & to have more productive days."
-Emily H, NJ
Overall I really enjoyed this product. Taking it each morning really helped manage my anxiety. I used to use another product which I thought taste better but this CBD product was much more effective at managing my anxiety.
- Dave D, NJ
REAL QUESTIONS, REAL ANSWERS
FOR EMPOWERED CBD CONSUMERS
what is cbd?
The cannabis plant contains many naturally occuring chemical compounds called cannabinoids. CBD is one of these compounds.
CBD, short for cannabidiol, is a cannabinoid or naturally occurring chemical compound found in the cannabis plant. The cannabis plant actually contains over 100 different cannabinoids, however the two most abundant in the plant are CBD and THC. These two are the most widely studied cannabinoids and are both used for medicinal benefits.
where does cbd come from?
Today, farmers cultivate many varieties of cannabis to contain varying percentages of THC and CBD. Hemp is the variety cultivated to contain a high percentage of CBD and must contain less than 0.3% THC. It is from the resinous flowers of hemp that all CBD products are derived.
Hemp is the cannabis variety bred for its high CBD content. The hemp field below is the organic farm in MA where the products I recommend come from.
how does cbd affect the body?
CBD is non-psycho active and works with the Endocannabinoid System in our body to establish homeostasis or balance in multiple body systems.
While both CBD and THC have medicinal benefits, CBD is non-psychoactive and does not get you "high". CBD instead elicits effects that calm, clear and focus the mind and also effects on pain, inflammation and nausea in the body. CBD works by acting similar to a neuro-transmitter by interacting with endogenous CB receptors found in the endocannabinoid system (ECS) located throughout the whole body. The figure to the left highlights where in the body these receptors are found.
The Endocannabinoid System is the reason why we feel effects from CBD and other cannabinoids. Often called the "master regulator" this system's function is to maintain homeostasis in the body.
The body has many physiological systems that work harmoniously with one another. The digestive system, nervous system and reproductive system are all well known to all. However, not well known to all is a new system called the Endocannabinoid System (ECS) a system of complex cell-signaling. In the early 1990's scientists studying the cannabis plant uncovered this independent physiological system.
CBD interacts with the ECS to boost its functionality and efficiency. When we experience trauma or stress the ECS system helps to regulate multiple body systems and bring them back into a balanced state. Think about the endocannabinoid system as your body's underlying Control Center, cuing other systems to optimally perform and identifying when they are out of balance. Ultimately, it keeps us on an even keel, modulating how we experience pain, stress, hunger, sleep, mood, metabolism, memory retention, and much more.¹
HOW CAN CBD HELP ME?
CBD helps to decrease stress on the body by balancing the endocannabinoid system. This offers many benefits to support your mind and body even if you feel like you are already "healthy".
Anecdotal Evidence shows CBD helps :
Increase comfort and ease in the body
Aids in increasing your ability to focus
Increases quality of sleep
Helps muscles and joint recovery
Scientific Studies show CBD may be well suited to:
Balance the Endocannabinoid System¹
Balance mood and mental health² | Treat Anxiety³
Improve the condition of the skin⁴ ⁵
Support a healthy gut and digestion ⁶ ⁷
Decrease nausea symptoms ⁸ ⁹
Reduce or eliminate seizures ¹⁰ ¹¹
Reduce Pain and Inflammation¹²
Fight the growth of tumor and cancer cells¹³
Protect the nervous system¹⁴
CBD is processed and manufactured in three different ways and this influences what is in your product. Knowing the options can help you can make an informed purchasing decision.
In full spectrum CBD products, cannabis plants are processed to retain all of the elements of the plant (cannabinoids, terpenes (essential oils), flavanoids (color pigments) and contain trace amounts of THC, less than 0.3% THC). If you must get drug tested for your work choose a product that is NOT full spectrum.
Broad Spectrum CBD:
A product where THC is eliminated from the spectrum but everything else is left behind including terpenes (essential oils) and flavanoids (color pigments).
This is what remains when all plant material except CBD is removed in the processing of cannabis. Considered the purest form of CBD, users like the isolate’s quality control factor and lack of THC.
Buy ORGANIC, THIRD PARTY TESTED:
The Hemp plant is a bio-remediation plant which means that it cleans the soil. This means if your hemp plant is grown in an area that is contaminated the roots will pull these pollutants out of the soil and up into the plant. These pollutants such as heavy metals, pesticides, microbials or mycotoxins can then get into your CBD products. For this reason always buy organic CBD products that have been Third Party Tested for purity.
All Products available on this site are third party tested and use 100% Organic CBD Isolate manufactured from Hemp grown and processed in Massachusetts.
The Three Forms of Processed CBD:
Have you tried CBD before but it didn't "work" for you?
Are you interested in CBD but don't know where to start?
Proper CBD dosing, products and frequency of use are of utmost importance when using CBD. Let me help you understand why these are important with a personal consultation that includes relevant CBD education, a personal health intake and CBD recommendations.
CBD AND THE ENDOCANNABINOID SYSTEM:
1. Martin A. Lee, “The Brain and Marijuana,” Project CBD, February 19, 2014, www.projectcbd.org/science/brain-and-marijuana-book-excerpt.
MOOD AND MENTAL HEALTH:
2. Ethan B. Russo, Andrea Burnett, Brian Hall, Keith K. Parker, Agonist Properties of Cannabidiol at 5-HT1A Receptors, Neurochemical Research, 2005 Aug,
3. United Patients Group, “Cannibidiol Facts, CBD Facts,” January 6, 2013, accessed August 2019, www.unitedpatientsgroup.com/blog/2013/01/06/cannabidiol-facts.
CBD FOR IMPROVED SKIN CONDITIONS:
4. Biro T, Toth BI, Hasko G, Paus R, Pacher P, The endocannabinoid system of the skin in health and disease: novel perspectives and therapeutic opportunities, Trends Pharmacol Sci, 2009 Aug,
5. Fred Garner, Cannabidiol As A Treatment for Acne?, O’Shaugnessy’s, 2013
CBD FOR GUT & DIGESTION HEALTH:
6. Rousseaux C, Thuru X, Gelot A, Barnich N, Neut C, Dubuqouy L, Merour E, Geboes K, Chamaillard M, Ouwehand A, Leyer G, Carcano D, Colombel JF, Ardid D, Desreumax P, Lactobacillus Acidophilus Modulates Intestinal Pain and Induces Opiod and Cannabinoid Receptors, Nat Med., 2007 Jan,
7. Patrice D. Cani, Hubert Plovier, Matthias Van Hul, Nathalie M. Delzenne, Celine Druart, Amandine Everard, Endocannabinoids — at the crossroads between the gut microbiota and host metabolism, Nature Reviews Endocrinology, 2015 Dec,
CBD FOR NAUSEA:
8. Parker LA, Rock EM, Limebeer CL, Regulation of Nausea and Vomiting by Cannabinoids, British Journal Of Pharmacology, 2011 Aug,
9. Keith A Sharkey, Nissar A. Darmani, Linda A. Parker, Regulation of Nausea and Vomiting by Cannabinoids and The Endocannabinoid System, European Journal Of Pharmacology, 2015 Jan,
CBD FOR SEIZURES:
10. Carlini EA, Cunha JM, Hypnotic and Antiepileptic Effects of Cannabidiol, Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 1981, Sept, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7028792?dopt=Abstract
11. Emilio Perucca, “ Cannabinoids in the Treatment of Epilepsy: Hard Evidence at Last?” Journal of Epilepsy Research 7, no. 2 (December 2017): 61-76, https://doi.org/10.14581/jer.17012.
CBD FOR PAIN AND INFLAMMATION:
12. P.G. Fine and M.J. Rosenfeld “Cannabinoids for Neuropathis Pain,” Current Pain and Headache Reports 18, no. 10 (October 2014)
CBD, TUMORS AND CANCER
13. Martin A. Lee, “CBD, THC, and Cancer,” Project CBD, February 5, 2014, www.projectcbd.org/medicine/cbd-thc-and-cancer
CBD AND THE NERVOUS SYSTEM
14. Dementia Care Central, “CBD: A Natural Remedy that Decreases Symptomatic Behaviors of Parkinson’s Disease?” last updated February 26, 2019, accessed August 2019, www.dementiacarecentral.com/parkinsons/treating/cbd; Fernanda F. Peres et al., “Cannabidiol as Promising Strategy to Treat and Prevent Movement Disorders?” Frontiers in Pharmacology 9 (2018): 482, https://doi.org/10.3389/fphar.2018.00482.